FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Interviews
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
keiv
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:33 am    Post subject: Interviews Reply with quote

http://www.myyearbook.com/?mysession=bWFnX2FydGljbGVfcmVhZCZhaWQ9NDU1MTI=

Last edited by keiv on Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
deadmanfan4life
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice interview Smile
keiv
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and another one. this one has video

http://austin.ynn.com/content/entertainment/music/280027/backstage-pass--blue-october-singer-puts-his-heart-on-his-sleeve
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
keiv
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and another one:
http://www.musicemissions.com/blog/index.php/2011/08/18/interview-with-justin-furstenfeld-of-blue-october/
BlueOctober7th

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keiv wrote:
and another one:
http://www.musicemissions.com/blog/index.php/2011/08/18/interview-with-justin-furstenfeld-of-blue-october/

I think that is the best interview I've read. Good questions and remarkable clarity in the responses.
Autumn Skye

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a "rap-rock gangster?" Oh, word?
Kaldun

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keiv wrote:
and another one:

It said: "You Are Banned"...
Does it have a region restrioctions so I can't read it while being in Russia?
it's sad..
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

for the banned Russians

Yesterday, I was fortunate enough to spend a few minutes talking to Blue October lead vocalist Justin Furstenfeld. Furstenfeld was driving to Dallas for the first show of their new tour to promote a new record, Any Man In America. Armed with a new experience, rather than product release, Blue October has an undeniable momentum building from some very unique changes. We chatted about the new release, tour opening artists and of course Young Buck?

So how does it feel to tour again?
We are really excited about the new record and tour. Canít wait to see everyone and we are excited to melt everyoneís faces off!

Speaking of fans, how do you explain the passion and loyalty of your fans? And does it ever surprise you?
only explanation is the level honesty and authenticity. Our fans are more like a family, or support group. They can especially relate to our lyrics and find it refreshing. We are most surprised by the response of fans when traveling somewhere new, especially in Europe or a city or country we havenít been to before.

Which is harder to write: lyrics or music?

Neither! I have never struggled with either of those. My problem is doing normal things and being a normal human. I struggle with trying to make time to spend with my girlfriend or take her on a date.

Your lyrics are uniquely and characterstically intimate and vulnerable. Has that been a stretch, or come naturally for you?

Well I grew up listening to The Smiths, and The Cure, and hip-hop. So I was naturally drawn to reality and gut level honesty. I hated it when songs were being vague. I could never understand why some would talk about god but not talk about the preacher and kids being abused. They would hint at drugs but not specifically. And no one else seemed to be talking about reality.

If Any Man In America was a movie, what movie would it be?
It would have to be a documentary about parents seperated from their children unwillingly. There is actually a new documentary coming out called Guilty Until Proven Innocent that Iím really excited about.

So tell us about the new record.
Itís the story that occurred with my daughter. Itís the process of how someone can be totally in love with you one day, then almost immediately turn around and accuse you of the worst things possibly imaginable. This is the story of what happened in my experience. And the reason we named it what we did was that I was left with the impression that anyone can go through this. Itís a record about having to grow up, what happens after falling in love then having children.

What kind of reception has the record been getting?
It seems like everyone loves it so far. At the same time, nearly everyone has mentioned how they felt so uncomfortable listening. My goal is to make art, not make everyone happy. If thatís true then at least they can know how, or catch a glimpse, of how I have felt. Art should be uncomfortable, it should confront. We dont care about reviews being good or bad.

What is your favorite song off this record?
ďThe Worry ListĒ since it is fun to perform.

Where does this release fare and rate compared with your others?
Before this album, Foiled was my favorite, but now this is. Maybe that is since I produced both.

Any plans to release this on vinyl?
Yes, it should be ready in about 2 weeks.

I heard about a guest DJ spot you did in Austin to play some of the new tracks. How did that go?
It was really fun. Of course, I love poking fun of other bands.

What was the last or your favorite youtube video watched?
Check out the music video by Young Buck from 2007, called ďLosing My Mind.Ē Itís the only place I know where to find it!

What can we look forward to as the new tour kicks off? How long will you be touring?
I want to encourage everyone to try and come out early. They need to catch the opening band on tour, IAMDYNAMITE. They remind me of Local H. Our bass player Matt is managing them and produced them. Also, when we recorded the record, my girlfriend introduced me to someone in San Marcos that raps. He is featured on the record, and will also be performing on tour with us live. We are considering signing him to our new label, Up/Down Records.

Any final thoughts?
Just that, although this is a new record and tour, this one is anything but typical. Instead of thinking of it as a just an album, itís more like a soundtrack to the documentary of my life as of late. I am taking this extremely serious, and even trying to get congress people and senators to attend some of the shows. Things wonít change until we all get involved.
turbo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keiv wrote:
and another one. this one has video

http://austin.ynn.com/content/entertainment/music/280027/backstage-pass--blue-october-singer-puts-his-heart-on-his-sleeve

That was a really nice. awwwwwwwwwwww
Jenjen2912

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't copy and past on my device, but I really liked what he said about how art is made to make people feel uncomfortable. I think thar this should end some of the arguments over whether or not we are "allowed" to talk about that uncomfortableness here or just gush over the new album.

Nice interview.
Kaldun

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keiv wrote:
for the banned Russians

Thank you =)
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two more:

http://puregrainaudio.com/interviews/interview-with-blue-october-vocalist-and-guitarist-justin-furstenfeld
(looks like it was done via blackberry, with single-sentence responses.

http://westhollywood.patch.com/articles/modern-rock-band-blue-october-plays-the-strip-talks-new-album
(short interview with Matt)
keiv
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This article actually had some great insights

http://www.columbian.com/news/2011/sep/16/blue-october-songwriter/
anythingartistic

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Thanks...you gave me just what I needed for my pre-Blue concert entertainment!!
keiv
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brief article with quotes from Justin

http://www.noisecreep.com/2011/10/05/blue-october-justin-furstenfeld-isnt-afraid-to-reveal-his-str/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Open Book Forum Index -> Blue October All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: