FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
BLUE OCTOBER's Music ...Share stories HERE:
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 59, 60, 61  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gene
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 1:46 pm    Post subject: BLUE OCTOBER's Music ...Share stories HERE: Reply with quote

I am always amazed at the testimonies about Blue October's Music and how it has touched or affected others....while i know many have stated how and why on various threads i would appreciate it so much if you could PLEASE help by responding here...
thank you so much!
gene

Last edited by gene on Mon Aug 01, 2005 11:42 am; edited 2 times in total
TheAnswer5591

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course we'll help Gene!

This is going to be a great thread...
kb024ever

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Breakfast After Ten, James, and Black Orchid are probably the 3 Blue songs i can relate to the most. Just because of the of the things that have gone on in my life. Every time i here those songs they send chills down my spine because i can relate to them so much.

Last edited by kb024ever on Fri Feb 18, 2005 2:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
deelila
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow. what is this for??
mine would be really long.
it's what didn't make it into the confessional since i was kinda drunk.
so i'll write mine later when i have time.

Last edited by deelila on Fri Feb 18, 2005 4:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
rowteralan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is going to be a long one also. Gene you have heard my story, but I think I might know where you are going with this, so here is what Blue October means to me.

I first heard Blue October almost 4 years ago, I went to see Sponge at the Hurricane in KC. Also on the line up was two bands that I had never heard of. But the second the first note Blue October played, I just froze and my life has never been the same.

I took my wife on our first date to a Blue October show, and she fell in love with them. We have never missed a show since in the KC, ST Louis, Columbia or lawrence area. We have traveled to many states to see them, not as much as some of the Blue family, but when possible we go. Justin's lyrics are therapy to me, depending on the day each song has a certain meaning to me. I know of no other band where I can listen to everyone of the songs on all of the cd's and never get tired of them.
Justin has no ideal how much he hits home to me and how thankful I am for him and the band. I was at such a low point in my life that first night I saw them, they made me feel like I am never alone and now that I have met so many of the fans I know I always have family.

We have two beautiful children who have been to Blue October shows while in momma's belly. Our last child Hayden Grace, will be one year old in April and has already had two surgeries, and is now facing another possible surgery in march, Justin came to the board and asked the family to send positive energy our way, after her first surgery we were able to fly to Dallas for the night of the DVD show and wow was it like all the emotions of the surgery were released, and her second surgery was so trying, we saw the Band again, and the tears and emotions that I felt were incredible. After the show Justin gave us the biggest hug ever, we have gotten to know them and they all just are beautiful people, I truely feel that if it was not for the band and the music, that I would never have asked my soulmate out, and I would never heard the most beautiful word in the world "Daddy!" Justin, Ryan, Jeremy, CB, Piper, Matt and everyone all I can say is that it is my honor to call myself a fan, and no matter where you are and what you achieve, please know that your words, your music, your soul will always touch this soul!

Terry

Last edited by rowteralan on Sat Feb 19, 2005 8:28 am; edited 1 time in total
bluefaninbigd

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also had met a girl a few years ago that I fell in love with. She kept telling me when we first met that there is a song on the radio that I have to hear. It always reminded her of us. I finally heard it one day and thought it was pretty cool. I suprised her a few days later with tickets to a concert of this "Blue October" band. It was like a 4th or 5th date. We went to Gypsy Tea Room and sure enough.....EVERYTHING in music changed for me (us). I heard a few songs that really hit home with my past. I felt like someone had followed me around and wrote songs about my previous drug addiction, insecurities, making myself bigger than who I was, etc. It really freaked me out. We started hitting every concert around. I have been listening to them for 2 years now and just can't get tired of it. My friends have all jumped on the bandwagon and can adapt to the lyrics so well. We got engaged on stage at the GTR show on Oct 11th and have been married now for 2 months. I just want to thank Justin for making it sound easy to let some hard shit out that has been a huge burden to me. We are naming my wife's Chiropractic office "Innerglow Chiropractic"

Good luck with the new album and you have all the support from myself and my friends

Your Friends,

Hubert & Casey
MOATIS
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it was back in '01.
i had just gotten out of a relationship -which means i was left for another man, and i was feeling down.
i was sitting in the kitchen in my apartment
cutting myself down my arm, working my way toward my wrist,
i called my brother, colin.
i told him i didn't want to live with the pain.
i told him i was hurting myself again,
but it would be the last time.
he told me he was on his way,
he made a fifteen minute drive in just over 5.
he came into my place,
slid down the fridge to sit next to me.
he put his arms around me and held me for a while.
he picked me up.
i was still crying.
he took me to the restroom
and started cleaning my wounds.
he started reciting the lyrics to the song For My Brother.
that's all he said.
the words sounded so much like was saying it from his heart.
i asked if he wrote that.
he said, 'its a song by this band i just heard about. i'm going to see them tomorrow. wanna come with me?'
i said 'sure why not.'
i went the next day,
and i was right up front.
blue october came out onto the stage, and everyone went crazy.
they began to play their songs.
they got to HRSA and during the bridge of the song
justin came over to me and sang,
'don't you dare put me on HRSA.
does self-abuse extend this hospital stay.'
and he pointed to the cuts on my arm and looked me right in the eye.
i started crying uncontrollably.
he looked right through me.
he knew what it was like to have that pain.
he sang the words 'i won't cry over anything'
and kept looking at me.
as if he was singing to me.
that's when i knew i wouldn't cry anymore.
that's when i knew i wanted to make music
-to share with strangers and let them know how i feel,
and what i've been through.
so that day, i wrote my first song.
next week, i bought a guitar and put that song to music.
and i've been playing ever since.
i'd like to thank my brother colin and justin for that day.
they saved my life.
i know colin knows.
and i hope justin knows.
i'll never stop being me.
i'm not ashamed anymore.
i've posted the song in the art section but i want to post it here.

LIFE SAVER
i'm down all the time
and i do my best to hide
what i truly am.
will i ever find
this sould of mine?
no, i'll just end up where i began.

i know i need help
but where can i get it?
certainly not by intorducing my skin,
to this burning cigarette

sedistic thoughts constantly
poisoning my stability
it seems my abnormality
has got the better of me

if i may convey
-i just might explain,
the reasoning behind my reason.
there's no refusing
my self-abusing
tendencies can be somewhat pleasing.

it's a sick and insane
show and tell game
i know putting scars on my arms
won't ease my pain
but still......
it makes me feel.....
ok.

and now at the end
of what seems such a waste
i pause very brief, and what do i see?
it was you, with tears on your face
at the end of my tunnel
there was a light
it was you, -your words, -your passion
that told me everything would be alright.

you helped me to see
the soul i thought i'd never find.
so i'll go on, and live this life,
until it really is my time

so thank you.
that's what i came to say.
i'm left wondering
how i could ever repay.......you,
for the life that you saved.
thank you.
for the life that you saved.

"She didn't break my heart, I did. She was just tired of picking up the pieces."

"I've got the scars to prove that I've made mistakes."

http://profiles.myspace.com/users/812644
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jarman87

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holyshit man thats deep
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MOATIS
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks.
i hope more will post what blue has done for them. Smile

"She didn't break my heart, I did. She was just tired of picking up the pieces."

"I've got the scars to prove that I've made mistakes."

http://profiles.myspace.com/users/812644
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
gene
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow

incredible...and so happy you are here.
gene
GreenClover

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

for the previous posting DEEP... Crying or Very sad
well, for me at the time i was going through a separation and my friends randy and his wife emily invited me to fiesta fest here in san antonio and they told me about this band called blue october and i was like cool, so when they came on stage and played calling you, ive heard it before and i liked it, then they played independly happy and i remember my friends looking at me and singing the words to me and thats what got me...it had hit the spot and as i continued listening to more of BO i started realizing that some of justin pain was what i was going through at that time of my husbands break but it thought me to be strong and lifes goes on. but things got better between me and my husband and now he dedicates calling you to me. so i thank justin and blue for touching my life and of course my friends. Very Happy
pretendimamazing

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have many stories of how many different songs have touched me. First of all, as I've stated before, I met the girl of my dreams in Baltimore, Maryland and the first night we met was in Feb. of '03. I met her and some friends and invited them back to our hotel room to party. As the party got louder and we got closer and closer, we decided to walk out and stand on the balcony.

After about an hour we went back in and got a blanket off the bed b/c it was freezing and just sat on the balcony floor. Now it wasn't on the 18th floor, but everything else that night happened so much like the lyrics of the song. Even to the point that it started snowing while we sat there.

I got engaged to this girl and about 5 months ago, shortly after calling off the engagement, I found out that she had cheated on me while I was engaged. And while I don't know this guy's name, I sometimes think that maybe, just maybe, his name is James. :-/

Well after that whole situation, I fell deeply into drugs. I didn't ever get into them as deep as I could have, but between drugs and alcohol, the only way I felt like I could make it was to get fucked up to the point that it didn't enter my mind. And because of this, I fucked up a lot of relationships, from friends, to co-workers, down to relatives.

About a month ago, my mom bought me the Argue With a Tree DVD. I listened to it all the way through and when Weight of the World came on, I heard the line

My mother sits outside the door
Curled up crying on the floor
Look at what her son's done

And at that point, I realized that I was letting someone that has been nothing but shit for me fuck up everything else in my life. My mom is the person that has always been there for me, and to hear that line was like the hardest slap in the back of the head a person could ever get.

Since then, I've cleaned up my act, and I've mended the relationship with my mom. I know that this is small stuff compared to what most of you have experienced, but for me, this is not only fresh on my mind, but life-changing in more ways than I could ever explain.

FaeryGirl

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moatis - amazing post it brought tears to my eyes.

I got introduced to Blue back in 2002. At first I thought they were just alright. But one day I heard InnerGlow. I mean really listened to it and it hit me like a ton of bricks. I used to have a really bad self-esteem problem but something about InnerGlow just grabbed me. I realized that they’re right “Whether right or wrong you do belong” That song became my mantra. I’ve only been able to see them once live when they played in Modesto. Man that concert was amazing. When they played InnerGlow I cried, the energy was just incredible. It was one of the best nights ever!
Blue October is literally my musical salvation. Listening to them has helped me pull myself out some pretty dark places in my head. I truly cannot imagine not having Blue in my life.
cArNiVoRe

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is how I was introduced to Blue October. After an overdose at home when I was 13 my parents sent me away to a rehab/program/boarding school. It was their final choice. I had been sent away 2 other times for suicide attempts, cutting, depression, anger, oppisitional defiance, and other related issues. I needed more intence help and support away from my current surroundings. After two long years I finally graduated and was allowed home. I had heard calling you on the radio a couple times but didnt really pay much attention to the band. Then me and a couple friends went to mardi gras last year and I wanted to watch blue october since they were the only band I knew of. I was instantly a fan. The lyrics were all too familiar for me. I got chills durning songs like black orchid, weight of the world, and for my brother. I was feeling hopeless and alone when I fell flat on my face right after graduating the program. I tried talkin to people, who couldn't relate to me, and therapist, but I was so sick of therapists. I think music has been my only therapy that truely helps. I know im not alone. Blue October has been able to reach me in ways other bands can't, and thats why I love them.

http://www.myspace.com/carrie13sublime
feel free to add me!!
"I WaNnA shiMMy sHiMmY ShiMmy TiLL tHe BrEaK oF dAwN yAAAAAAAAA!!"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
aggieangelcrys

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I, too, have posted this before, but I will make an effort to retell it here:

I can't even remember how long ago it has been.....but things were not going so great in my life...I wanna say early 2002, but maybe it was in late 2001. My drug addictions were spinning out of control, and I had moved from simply using to moving, was working full time, using to stay awake all day, and drinking and using from the time i left work until I returned the next day. The weekends were a binge from friday night to monday morning. I think I had been up for about 5 days at the time, so needless to say, I was not exactly what you would call accomodating to anyone's interest or help....but a long time friend of mine called me up and made me meet her "for a drink" When we got there, she told me that this was my intervention, and that there was a show that night that I had to see. Begrudgingly, I agreed, and had my first blue experience. i remember the cloudiness of the night as i began to wind down off my days long high, and the haunting music, lyrics, and sound of justin's voice ringing in my ears. I remember the tears I cried as I realized how I truly was affecting everyone around me with my self-abuse. That night, we sat up all night talking and hashing out my issues--i have the most worthless family, and most days, i feel like nothing has or ever will go right for me--but that night, i realized that it was bigger than all of that. I had to live for me, and make my own choices, even when I screw up and let myself and everyone else down, I am still going to have to face myself. Listening to blue songs over and over, all night, just talking, lots of tears, some screaming, but mostly just a lot of self-realization, I became hooked, and I have been a huge fan ever since. Although my life and school schedule has not permitted me to attend a huge number of shows, I have always been listening carefully. I've been clean and sober for about 26 months now....something I thought I could never be, and that one concert started it all--my road to recovery and the answers.
"An empty hope chest, I quit the dope quest, and remain independently happy" --JF

Sobriety Date: 11.26.05
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Open Book Forum Index -> Blue October All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 59, 60, 61  Next
Page 1 of 61

Jump to: