FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Anyone willing to share live shows?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tha-wizzo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:26 am    Post subject: Anyone willing to share live shows? Reply with quote

I got the Columbia show from Keiv last night and it is great!
Just wondering how I would go about getting more live recordings if I don't have any shows to trade. Is there anyone willing to help me out? Thanks!
Mitch
keiv
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a few others. You're in Kansas City, right?

Two of the most popular shows to be recorded are:

This was one of the longest Blue October concert ever. It was a great homecoming show, and one of the last shows on the History for Sale tour befor Foiled was recorded. It is also one of the last shows featuring Piper, and the only recorded show (that I know of) in which "Let it Go" and "Congratulations" were played. The live version of Congratulations has different lyrics than the album version. It also features an outstanding version of Darkest Side of Houston's Finest Day, and The 21st (as the show occurred on the 21st of October).

Setlist: Angel, Independently Happy, Darkest Side of Houston's Finest Day, HRSA, Sexual Powertrip, Schizophrenia, The 21st, Clumsy Card House, Inner Glow, Ugly Side, Black Orchid, Calling You, Drop, James, Chameleon Boy, Somebody, Razorblade, Amazing, Weight of the World, Pro Re nata, 18th Floor Balcony, Come in Closer, Sound of Pulling Heaven Down, Congratulations, Let it Go

This show has outstanding sound quality and is an exemplary show from the Foiled tour. It includes X-Amount of Words with the extra lyrics, and amazing versions of You Make Me Smile, Everlasting Friend, and Sound of Pulling Heaven Down, and many others.

Setlist: HRSA, Calling You, You Make Me Smile, What if We Could, Sound of Pulling Heaven Down, Everlasting Friend, Into the Ocean, Ugly Side, Balance Beam, Inner Glow, Drilled a Wire, Razorblade, Hate Me, Come in Closer, Overweight, 18th Floor Balcony, X-Amount of Words

If you're going to pick up recordings of live shows, those are two I recommend.

Last edited by keiv on Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:47 am; edited 8 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Heretik
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YAY, that's what it's all about

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
the only show to date (that I know of) in which "Let it Go" and "Congratulations" were played.

These may have both been played at the Beaumont in KC a couple of months before that. Shows tend to run together, but I know they played Congratulations there, because it was the first time I'd heard it, and I *think* they did Let it Go, because I remember noticing that Jeremy was playing the drums with his fingers, though that *may* have been on Amazing instead. I know they did Let it Go in Lincoln around that time, but I don't think that show included Congratulations.

Speaking of which. If anyone has a live recording of the old version of Congratulations that they could send me, I'd happily trade for something else legitimate and tradeable under band policy, if you're interested in anything from my collection. Drop me a PM.
keiv
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Garick wrote:
Quote:
the only show to date (that I know of) in which "Let it Go" and "Congratulations" were played.

These may have both been played at the Beaumont in KC a couple of months before that.

I don't think that's true - I was there and I think I would remember that, but I could also be mistaken. But I do remember TheChad telling me that Congratulations had been played "a few times."

I'll ammend my statement. The 10/21/2004 show is the only live recording (that I know of) of Let it Go and Congratulations.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Red_Devil11
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keiv wrote:
It was their homecoming show, and the last show on the History for Sale tour/the last show before Foiled was recorded. It is also the last show featuring Piper

They played the two nights after that in Beaumont and Austin.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You already had a disclaimer there, and my recollection is disclaimer heavy as well. I do remember Congrats very specifically, as Steph recognized the Kate Bush sample in there and pointed it out to me.

I really remember Let it Go more from the Lincoln show at that loooong narrow bar (can't remember its name) because everyone kept assuming that I was a bouncer (I was standing on the stairs to the balcony) and during that song I let people think that when I shut up their inane chatter during the song. Smile
Lauren
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keiv wrote:
Garick wrote:
Quote:

These may have both been played at the Beaumont in KC a couple of months before that.

I don't think that's true - I was there and I think I would remember that, but I could also be mistaken. But I do remember TheChad telling me that Congratulations had been played "a few times."

I'll ammend my statement. The 10/21/2004 show is the only live recording (that I know of) of Let it Go and Congratulations.

i had recordings of the songs from denton way before the houston show.
no idea where those are now... but they were video clips of some sort.
edit: i know where they are. but the 2004 show is not the only recorded show. i remember a guy recording at that denton show.

You forgot Newbs vs. Newbs & Vets vs. Vets.
Oh, and you also forgot about Joe vs. Everyone
& Lauren vs. her hair color. - SteveDave
axiumsbitch

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Garick wrote:

I really remember Let it Go more from the Lincoln show at that loooong narrow bar (can't remember its name) because everyone kept assuming that I was a bouncer (I was standing on the stairs to the balcony) and during that song I let people think that when I shut up their inane chatter during the song. Smile

Sounds like Knickerbockers. I used to go to shows there but i HATED them because that bar is so long and narrow you have to be right up front or you are screwed as far as seeing anything. the last Blue show i went to there i was all the way back by the shitters.....nice!

"I'll ride my horse my horse on out of here, with middle fingers raised...." Midwest Kings
Garick

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that's the place. We got there a bit late, and didn't want to deal with the madness in the middle, so we went and stood on the stairs where we could see over everyone's heads. Steph and I happened to be wearing matching black shirts, and everyone assumed that we were security guarding the balcony. Cool

I remember that Justin sat down on the edge of the stage to play Let it Go, with his feet dangling into the crowd. There were people in front of us carrying on a conversation over the music, so I assumed my bouncer role and shut them up so we could hear the song.
erins

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

axiumsbitch wrote:

Sounds like Knickerbockers. I used to go to shows there but i HATED them because that bar is so long and narrow you have to be right up front or you are screwed as far as seeing anything. the last Blue show i went to there i was all the way back by the shitters.....nice!

I love Knickerbockers but I used to go there all the time so I got a little spoiled in my privileges. The Blue show I saw there was back when the stairs to the stage where on the side and we sat on them. Otherwise I'm always on the side of the stage where it's less crowded during those shows if they are packed like that.
keiv
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Knickerbockers wins my prize for most uncomfortable venue ever.

They packed so many people in there, and it was so hot and humid that the walls were soaking wet...every surface of everything was soaking wet.

Last edited by keiv on Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
erins

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keiv wrote:

Than you apparently have never been to Sokol Underground.
keiv
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

erins wrote:
keiv wrote:

Than you apparently have never been to Sokol Underground.

I've been there - to the auditorium, and also the underground. I've never been to the underground when it was crowded though.
Garick

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

They packed so many people in there, and it was so hot and humid that the walls were soaking wet...every surface of everything was soaking wet.

Agreed. It was so hot and crowded that we decided not to wait in the meet and greet line, but just get outside and catch some fresh air and elbow room. it's a neat bar, but only for maybe 100 people. After that, it's a crowded, poorly laid out, bad traffic pattern nightmare.

To highjack this thread even farther... Speaking of the Sokol, if anyone remembers Swizzle-Tree, who opened the first time Blue headlined the Sokol Auditorium, they came out with a new album that sounds pretty good from what I heard on their MySpace. I ordered a copy. Enjoyed their previous offering which I purchased at the above mentioned show.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Open Book Forum Index -> Blue October All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: