FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
A New Era Of Respect Begins...
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
swin
Official Blue October Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:15 pm    Post subject: A New Era Of Respect Begins... Reply with quote

Greetings and Salutations to all,

I'm reaching out to let you know that we are making some immediate changes to the Open Book. In recent times the Open Book has lost much of it's original focus as a community for friends and fans of Blue October to come together and discuss all things Blue October, as well as talk about any and all other topics and even post art, poetry and more. In recent times the Open Book has become increasingly bitter with long time members outright bashing any new members who come along.

Please know that we do not condone personal attacks nor abuse of anyone on the Open Book so we plan to more heavily moderate the board. Don't blame us, you've all brought it on yourselves.

If we see personal attacks and verbal abuse, we will delete entire threads as well as the users involved and do our best to block you from further use of the board. Please do what you can to treat people with more respect - whether they have been a friend of the band for 10 years or just 10 days. We have mad respect for all of you. Remember a new fan coming to this board means they are excited about discovering our music - why should that target them for abuse and ridicule.

Please know this message comes direct from the band and management. Please chill out.

Respect each other.

Blue October and Rainmaker Artists
Satine
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, if someone were to get banned, under what circumstances would they be allowed back on?
NowWhat?
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that we should all get along.

However, what is the policy going to be on threats?

I just think that someone that threatens to destroy other users computers electronically is something that should be taken very seriously.
RouseMeNot
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you swin.
This place is really getting out of control and well, I for one am glad to see some accountability.

ps. Please don't ban me.
Madi368
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, thank you.

Also, who would be the best person to PM if we needed to get the mod's attention for something?

I only ask because I sent a PM to boadmin 2/7/2008 and it has never left my outbox.
BlueFlame4Ever

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you! I just joined the board a little over a week ago, and though I personally have not been attacked too harshly... I have definately seen it going on and have been determining whether I want to be a part of a community like this. Music is meant to be an escape, and the discussions are an extension of that in my opinion.

I LOVE Blue October and to talk about them, but I don't like when people attack others for being new, etc. We all like the music for different reasons, it is why we are here. We want to keep sharing the music with others, right? So we want to welcome the new people, and not make them feel like they never wished they had come across this forum.

Well that's my 2 cents...
Satine
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madi368 wrote:
Yes, thank you.

Also, who would be the best person to PM if we needed to get the mod's attention for something?

I only ask because I sent a PM to boadmin 2/7/2008 and it has never left my outbox.

Yes, and I sent you (Swin) one today asking about Twitter... and it hasn't been answered. Razz
NowWhat?
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlueFlame4Ever wrote:
Thank you! I just joined the board a little over a week ago, and though I personally have not been attacked too harshly... I have definately seen it going on and have been determining whether I want to be a part of a community like this. Music is meant to be an escape, and the discussions are an extension of that in my opinion.

I LOVE Blue October and to talk about them, but I don't like when people attack others for being new, etc. We all like the music for different reasons, it is why we are here. We want to keep sharing the music with others, right? So we want to welcome the new people, and not make them feel like they never wished they had come across this forum.

Well that's my 2 cents...

I have not seen this.

Can you show me where this happened?

I don't agree with people being slammed on "just because they are new."
swin
Official Blue October Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For now, I'll be judge and jury. If I believe it's a "complicated" matter, then the band will give me their opinion. They do read the board and are directly involved in this decision.

Not really time I'd like to spend out of my day. My job is to help build and maintain the career of the band we all say we love - so time spent on this is time taken away from them.

Swin
NowWhat?
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swin needs a team of trustworthy people to help him moderate I think.

One man can only do so much.
mega-n
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really think you need actual guidelines to follow. This way there is no question. you violate a guideline, you're out. If you just do this on a "oh this seems odd" basis, people are not going to know what the heck to do. Trust me...it's best to set boundaries so people can follow them properly.

PLEASE.

and I'm glad moderation will finally take place.
Satine
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That means you can't drop the C-bomb anymore. Laughing
Madi368
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Satine wrote:
That means you can't drop the C-bomb anymore. Laughing

CMT!

I guess this also means the board is staying put for a little while longer.
Satine
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I am sure Swin is looking forward to doing this on a long-term basis. Wink
RouseMeNot
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swin heads up--they're on stage at the Kimmel after show playing She's My Ride Home.

/keeping you in the loop.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Open Book Forum Index -> Blue October All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 1 of 11

Jump to: